Thursday, August 21, 2014

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
  std::cout << "Hello World!";
}

Well, I have to say this was the first blog entry I made after 6 years, since Facebook completely killed Yahoo!360.
But why? Why do I need to come back to the blogging world?
Hmm, lets say one of my friends has a project, that requires all participants to have a blog, and to write entries in English. First of all, she will surf those blogs, and correct the writing of these bloggers in a way that will help them improve their English. Second, she will give me 30 dollars for making 2 entries per week. So I got that going for me, which is nice...

Enough of unrelated information about things that nobody cares, let me say something about this famous University I am doing my PhD at, and how do I handle various situations there when I was arrived three weeks ago. My university's name is Utah State University, which is one of the biggest funded research facilities in Space Dynamic in the mighty United State. Furthermore, it has sent more experiments into space than any other university in the world! Impressive, hah?
However, I am studying Computer Science, so no Space Dynamic for me anyway. Although, people who live here are very nice. I watched a lot of Hollywood movies before, and I thought every single man and woman in this country swear at least two times in each sentence they speak out. But not here, everyone was nice to me, no intense arguments and angry faces happened, maybe not yet. This small town is so peaceful that they can put a huge cemetery in the middle of my university and nobody cares. Seriously? That is not how things were in Vietnam. Back in Vietnam, people complain, fight, argue with the government about why a cemetery is located near the rear of Hanoi was not moved to 100 Km always yet. Their arguments are: We are living humans here, we can not sleep near dead people, they give me cancer! They are dead, they need to rest in a place that is peaceful and far away from people who are still alive! OMG, So creepy! blah blah blah.

For me, US citizens are weird.

Next time, I am going to talk about how I adapted to the imperial measurement system.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, now that I read it all, I have some "real" comments... First of all, I am glad that your experiences in the U.S. have been so positive and I will be eager to hear more about your "adaptation" process...
    I will also be curious to know about your language use. How often do you interact in English? Have you made some friends here who can speak in English with you? Do you seek out opportunities to improve your skills in English (except the blog)? As I noted earlier, the crucial goals for this blog are reporting on language use and reflecting on how you can increase your opportunities in using English.
    By the way, so far, I noticed a few errors, but I am not sure if they are typos or not. Let me just re-write the sentences that did not seem right to me and if you have questions, we can talk more about them:
    1. This is not how (not what) things were in Vietnam.
    2. Back in Vietnam, people complain (not complaint), ...
    3. ... about why a cemetery is (inserted) located ...
    4. We are living humans (not human)...
    Lastly, I really like the background! Mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katia :D. I have corrected those. Also I posted a new post, please have a look at it.

      Delete