Friday, December 5, 2014

Reflection Entry

It is the end of the semester and a lot of courses are require me to do a final exam. This Blogging course is not an exception, apparently. However, unlike the other courses, I actually like this exam very much, as it is the last chance for Ms. Katia to check my superficial writing for errors and mistakes. Let start!

First thing first, I think this blog assignment was a good idea for me, personally. I could not keep myself from admiring me for making such a brilliant decision, which was to join this assignment. It really helped me to improve my writing, which was once my favorite thing to do in Vietnam. It brought back memories, tears and emotions. During the semester, I even tried to write a fiction to read it for my little brother at home every week. If you read through the post, you would see how my writing was improved over time. The newest parts are more thoughtfully designed and written than the older parts. Many new expressions, new strategies to tell the story were adopted because I thought about them all the time, and tried to find as much material as possible to improve my fiction. All of that could never be possible if my older self did not register for the assignment. By the way, I lied about the tears.

The assignment was awesome, but what made it really worth the effort was the teacher, Ms. Katia. She provided me many helpful information, from writing resource to some fiction writers community. They really helped me to make a start. More than just that, she actually tell me about my mistakes in my sentences, which is clearly a significant help. Over the time, I became more aware about the potential mistake I could have made. Raising awareness in writing is really important for new writers, but doing that alone without helps from reviewers would be a tedious and difficult job. Sometime, I even got her comments about the actual content of my post rather than just error feedback. Those comments made me feel more connected to my audience than anything else. If I ever meet a prospective international teaching assistant in the future, the first thing I will tell them is to join this assignment as soon as they can. They will never know what they will miss otherwise.

Done talking about me, let talk about others, who also made their own blogs for this assignment. Oh wait, I have nothing to talk about them because I did not know any of their blogs! I wish I could be able to access their blogs and read them. Some of them may have new phrases or expressions I need. Maybe I could meet another writer who is also into fiction. More than that, if they knew my blog, I may get some reviews or comments from them for each of my post, which is really a great thing. They may give me some feedback for the fiction when they read it, thus make the comment section a new source of ideas. Oh I wish!

About the last question, to be honest, I was not the brightest kid in the school, so when someone asks me "what modification to the blog assignment would you propose if I were to use the blog assignment with future ITAs?", I would blush out and say nothing. Because I really have nothing to say.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I'll contact the payroll once I hear from everyone (should be by Monday).

    ReplyDelete